Cheshire’s premier agricultural show will this year be welcoming celebrity chefs Jean-Christophe Novelli and Luis Troyano to the Roberts Food Live Theatre where they will judge the delectable dishes created by visitors to the show!
Visitors to the North West’s premier agricultural show are invited to take part in their own bake off and put their skills to the test! Choose Pie or Cake and bring your creation along on the day to be scrutinised by our guest chefs and win fabulous prizes!
Categories in each section include under 12s – for our budding chefs of the future. Amateur category for keen home cooks and a professional category to allow entries from industry professionals who want their creations to be judged by the masters!
The celebrity chefs will also be demonstrating their cooking skills on both show days, using the finest, locally sourced produce. Local Great British Bake Off hero Luis Troyano will be showcasing his bread making skills and home styled recipes and Jean-Christophe Novelli will create mouth-watering dishes and explode the myths surrounding French cookery.
Jean-Christophe Novelli is a 5 out of 5, AA Rosette and Michelin Starred chef. Starting out as a baker at the tender age of 14 Jean-Christophe’s talent led him to become the private Head Chef to Elie de Rothschild at just 19. His career has since gone from strength to strength with numerous eateries, cook books, public appearances and the launch of a hugely successful cookery school.
Great British Bake Off finalist Luis Troyano is a local face from Stockport, who captured the imagination of the British public with his enthusiasm and inventive bakes. He has gone on to write a popular and well-received cook book and share his talents at cookery schools across the region.
Attracting over 80,000 visitors each year, the Royal Cheshire County Show encapsulates everything we know and love about summertime in Cheshire.
Nigel Evans, Executive Director of the Cheshire Agricultural Society and organiser of the show said, “Cheshire is blessed with a host of high quality produce, much of which we are showcasing in the Robert’s Bakery Food Hall and Food Live Theatre. We are thrilled to have two such well known faces on board this year and hope visitors rise to the Pie VS Cake challenge!”
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter of the Pie V cake competition is the Cheshire Agricultural Society, Clay Lane Farm, Flittogate Lane, Tabley, Knutsford Cheshire, WA16 0HJ.
2. The competition is open to any attendees of the Royal Cheshire Show on either Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st June.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary once on the showground.
4. By entering the entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Only one entry for the Pie section and one entry for the Cake section will be accepted per entrant.
Attendees may enter the competition on both days but must enter new products on the second day if entering both days. No entries from Tuesday will be allowed to be carried over into the Wednesday competition.
6. Entries to be delivered and checked in by the stewards at the Roberts Bakery Food Hall Stewards Desk by 11 am each morning. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received by 11 am on morning of competition.
7. IF SELECTED AS FINALIST, ENTRANTS WILL BE TELEPHONED BY STEWARDS TO ASK TO ATTEND THE ROBERTS BAKERY FOOD HALL LIVE STAGE AT 3.10 PM TUESDAY AND 1.40 PM WEDNESDAY. ENTRANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE AT THE STEWARDS TABLE BY THESE TIMES OTHERWISE WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZE(S)
8. All entries must be collected by competitors by 5 pm on Tuesday and 4 pm on Wed. Any items not collected will be destroyed.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of insufficient entries, any actual or anticipated breach of any law or regulation or any events outside the Promoter’s control.
10. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify any competitor who the Promoter believes to have submitted an entry which breaches these terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter is not liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity), damage or personal injury in relation to this competition, or the use of or participation of the prize.